Thursday 9 October 2014

The first step



                                                            I'd just finished writing my fifth book and my husband kindly said,
'Well, that's the last book done!'

I hadn't thought of it that way, didn't want to think of it that way, as if an ending had been sprung upon me, not of my doing.

But ... as the weeks and months have unfolded since that March moment, I've accepted that there was wisdom in his words - as there often is - and see that, at this time in my life,  I'm being invited to a different form of creativity, one that is manageable in the midst of a work that takes me deeply into death and dying, one that allows me to reflect on the unfolding mystery of the 'ordinary' where Grace is found, always, if I care to look.

And so I am venturing into the unknown, not a big venturing like Abraham, just a small one, a bit like the Owl and the Pussycat. I am putting out into the global sea, with nothing more, nothing less, than the breeze of the Spirit in my sails, the friendship and challenge of Jesus for company, and the warmth of the love of God in my heart.

The process and the content will unfold in time: a poem here , a quotation there , a reflection, a picture ... it will be what it will be.

Unfolding is a time of vulnerability - the magnolia bud is at the mercy of the sharp-eyed wood-pigeon, the kereru, keen to sample the sweet petals before they grow into fullness of form. There is a certain vulnerability in blogging, as there is in living, and in loving. So here goes ...you are welcome to join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment